Book: Leading for a Change: How to Master the Five Challenges Faced by Every Leader
Leading for a Change: How to Master the Five Challenges Faced by Every Leader is designed for leaders of business and healthcare organizations tackle their most pressing issues. It shows leaders and their teams what they have to do…not what they have to be. It provides a structured tools how to:
- Help people find the time to do more leadership work when they are already overwhelmed with work
- See the organization from the perspective of the market rather than the inside view
- Determine the most critical issues that must be addressed
- See leadership work as a repeatable, measurable, improvable, institutional process
- Create buy-in from critical stakeholders who may not support the work that needs to be done
- Build teams quickly
- Address issues that despite concentrated effort, fail to improve costing the organization significant resources
The book has more than 30 tools to help leaders with planning, communication, executing change, and dealing with paradoxes. It is profoundly practical, taking from the work of many of the most respected organization thinkers.
Leading for a change was noted in the top 30 business books by mgeneral.com when it was published in 2000.